Re: Insert module at startup

Rory Campbell-Lange <rory@campbell-lange.net> writes:
RCL> I'd like to insmod the netatalk module at startup.
RCL> I'd be grateful to know how to do this.

Just add 'netatalk' to /etc/modules.

RCL> "alias net-pf-5 appletalk" in /etc/modules.conf doesn't seem to
RCL> be the debian way...

That line doesn't explicitly cause the appletalk module to be loaded,
it just tells the kernel that if it happens to need "packet family 5",
then it should load the 'appletalk' module.

Note that The Debian Way (TM) of adding things to the
/etc/modules.conf file is to create/modify a file under /etc/modutils
with your customizations, and then run /sbin/update-modules; this will
create a new /etc/modules.conf for you.

	-- Abra Mitchell