cd music can not play, need help

Mircea Luca wrote:

"Price, Tim" wrote:
I'm not Jeff either, but have you considered catting you /dev/sndstat? This often contains a clue as to what is misconfigured! Good luck -tim

Dear Tim or any linux -debian expert:

I tried cat /dev/sndstat, but get

cat: /dev/sndstat: No such device

I have soundcore in lsmod, it can play music cd in 2.218 but now it can not even scan when I pop multimedia-> cd player also debian seem do not have cdp 's package which can play music cd from command line
I download tgz, but at make it complain

gcc -Wall -O2  -c -I/usr/local/include  cdp.c
cdp.c: In function `checkCDMounted':
cdp.c:428: `errno' undeclared (first use in this function)

I already install libpth and libpth-dev it seem contain errno
but it still can not make

need help to play music cd

sincere
eric