Re: ResiserFS?

Brian May wrote:
> I have heard rumours of it causing data corruption on 2.4.x kernels,
> including 2.4.3.

That's interesting. Where did you hear about the corruption under 2.4.3?

> I have never had a problem with it myself though...

I haven't had any problems with it either, but I haven't touched the
kernel since I started using it (I'm using kernel 2.4.1) because of the
stories of corruption with kernel 2.4.2.

> I have also been warned not to use Reiserfs on the root partition, as
> sometimes the computer might not be able to boot. So I have reiserfs
> on /home. Using it on /var/spool/squid should also be safe (the worst
> that could happen is you loose all of Squid's cached files).

My root partition *is* reiserfs, but I use a small ext2 partition
mounted on /boot which contains the kernel, so I don't expect to have
any problems booting.

Matthew