Re: ResiserFS?

    Adam> OK, so I get the digest version of this list, which has the nasty
    Adam> habit of leaving some messages out sometimes.  I missed the recent
    Adam> messages about ReiserFS.  Could anyone give me a recap of what that
    Adam> was about?  I was planning on installing it, but from the header it
    Adam> looked like there might have been a problem with it...

I have heard rumours of it causing data corruption on 2.4.x kernels,
including 2.4.3.

I have never had a problem with it myself though...

I have also been warned not to use Reiserfs on the root partition, as
sometimes the computer might not be able to boot. So I have reiserfs
on /home. Using it on /var/spool/squid should also be safe (the worst
that could happen is you loose all of Squid's cached files).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>