Re: ResiserFS?

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 08:11:07PM -0400, Adam Bender wrote:

> OK, so I get the digest version of this list, which has the nasty habit of
> leaving some messages out sometimes.  I missed the recent messages about
> ReiserFS.  Could anyone give me a recap of what that was about?  I was
> planning on installing it, but from the header it looked like there might
> have been a problem with it...

in short there appear to be filesystem corruption bugs in at least
2.4.2 for reiserfs.  severe filesystem corruption has been reported
here a couple times.  reiserfsck is quite broken so you will have alot
less chance of being able to recover then with ext2.

i would (and am) waiting until reiserfs becomes mature before even
considering trying it on anything.  one of my criteria is that it
actually work on big endian archetectures.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/