IMAP server recommendations ?

Hi,

Any recommendations for a IMAP server (on Debian 2.2)? IMAP4.7c (I think this is UW IMAP?) seems to intergrates relatively painless and support most IMAP features (although I couldn't find anything on shared folders), courier-imap seems technically better(?) but confusing to set up especially making use of extended features like its altered maildir standard for shared folders, I can't seem to figure out what else this might break when using this? Also it's not very clear with courier where exactly the mail folders are going to be stored, /var/spool/mail or $HOME/?
UW-IMAP indicates that folders are stored in $HOME/ and it automatically picks up mail from /var/spool/mail as well as $HOME/mbox, this doesn't indicate whether these mail are then transported to an imap folder or left there (btw this is makes me lean toward it for easier integration).

Then there's cyrus(cyris ?) imap as well. Couldn't really make much from its docs though.

If someone that's running an imap server could give me some advice on what/how to install and set up partitions for storage, and in general which package gives the least headaces configuring. I also need to supply webmail access so would welcome any recommendations.

Also, is running POP3 and IMAP simultaneously possible/a big no-no? What caveats/issues are there?

Thanks in advance :-)

Eugene van Zyl