Re: Sys Admin

hi ya ethan...

seen many of your posts...
but this one was worth commenting on too

> [0] i would rather not call them admins, as `morons with root
> password' is far more appropriate.  knowing root password != sysadmin

i'd add that....if you have to ask for the root passwd....you don't need
it.... you should be able to get root access ( to standalone machines ) if
you need it...

	- if its a group of "sys admin" for that machine...you obciously
	cant go around changing root passwd...but.. its been know to be
	done too...and boy is there a big piss-n-moan contest of what
	else changed that broke soemthing else as a consequence

- i'd go one step further....dont use any microsoft apps...

have fun linuxing
alvin