Re: Simple Install Question

>I assume you mean your second hard drive?  It's only a D: drive under DOS
or Windows.  :) <

  How about if I call it 'the little shiny box that makes whirring and
clicking noises which is under the other one which is sort of like it?' :)

  Thanks for your consise and perfectly clear explanation of why I can't do
what I wanted.   If only that had been in the Debian install documentation,
I wouldn't have wasted hours, and I wouldn't have had to bother everybody.
Don't get me wrong, I think the Debian install doc is terrific, and has
plenty of detail.   However, some details which are natural to Linux people
are alien to newbies.

  I got stuck for a while because I didn't realize you had to set the type
of a partition, after you made it, so it wouldn't accept my swap partition.
I am also confused about what difference it makes between making primary or
logical partitions.  Since I'm only making three, it didn't seem to make any
difference at all if the 2nd two were logical or primary.

  Thanks again for the help.

Kevin Stokes
Pie in the Sky Software
www.pieskysoft.com