Request for Help: write man pages for Debian

As you know, Debian is a community effort.  I'm asking for help from
intermediate to advanced users to make Debian even better than it is.

As per Debian's Policy, every executable file in Debian has to supply a
man page. However, many packages don't follow this requirement yet.  I
have created a listing of all executables for which no corresponding man
page is available yet. If you use any of these packages listed below,
please consider writing a man page for its executable files and submit it
to the Bug Tracking System (BTS), http://bugs.debian.org.

Writing man pages is not very difficult. You can simply look at some man
pages in /usr/share/man and follow their structure (also see the file
/usr/share/doc/man-db/examples/manpage.example). Furthermore, some
information about the format of man pages is available in the man page of
man (man 7 man) and pod2man (man 1 pod2man). Finally, you can also install
the package help2man (man help2man) which is an automatic manpage
generator.

When you decide to help out, please write the man pages for a whole
package. Send e-mail to man-pages@qa.debian.org and tell us which package
you are working on. We can then add you to this web site so other people
know that someone is working on that particular package already.

The full listing together with more instructions are available at
http://qa.debian.org/man-pages.html  Currently, 614 man pages are missing.

Thanks in advance for your help to improve Debian!  If you have any
questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com