Re: Newbie Question

Hi,

It's possible that your setup (LAN, cable access, etc.) assumes that
you'll get your IP address via DHCP (dynamic host configuration
protocol) and your Win95 is setup (default,??) to accomodate this
fact.  On installation of Debian, you can tell it to make use of DHCP
or you can modify /etc/network/interfaces to accomplish the same.  See
'man 5 interfaces'.

Take care and hope this helps,

Daniel