Re: [MAPS #33478] Re: Whats goin on?

Roberto Diaz <rdiazmartin@vivaldi.net.dhis.org> writes:

> I am telling about a principle.. nobody should put the entire dynamic
> internet segment into a black list..
>
> Why isn't is this sufficient for you?

Because the Internet has changed, and most people either don't care
about the DUL, or think it's a good idea because of the amount of
spam.

The DUL has been around for quite a while.  Many, many people are
using it.  Ranting and whining on debian-user will not change their
minds.  OTOH, making a one-line change to your sendmail.cf (or similar
file) will allow you to send whatever mail you want.

In this rant, you haven't made any points which haven't been made
before, and haven't given any good reason which might counteract
<http://mail-abuse.org/dul/intro.htm>.  So you've been deluging my
inbox with no hope of actually changing the situation.

Just citing "a principle" is _not_ enough to change the MAPS folks'
minds.  That's why it isn't sufficient for me.

You have a deep interest in all that is artistic.