Unwanted gnome-session for root

I'm running unstable on my notebook for quite a while now without major

But since the last upgrade, the root account starts up a gnome-session
as well. It didn't do that previously and I don't want it to do it.
Defaulting to a gnome-session for normal users is ok, but I just want
fvwm2 and nothing else for root.

Why has this changed? And how do I change it back (.xinitrc and
.xsession don't seem to get looked at)?

 Stefan Bellon * <mailto:sbellon@sbellon.de> * <http://www.sbellon.de/>
 PGP 2.6 and GnuPG (OpenPGP) keys available from my home page

 2/3 of us are poor at division.  The other half can't add.