Re: /etc/apt/sources.list

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 12:42:27PM -0300, Ted Gervais wrote:

> Is there a public 'sources.list' that can be downloaded. Something more than
> what I have. I just installed Debian and I have just the default list. Maybe
> this is not important but yet the debian system seems to thrive on that list??
>
> Anyone have a comprehensive list or know where to get one.

try

	apt-setup

which, if you don't have, you'll get by doing a

	apt-get install base-config

there's a standardlized list available at www.debian.org, which
is so perfectly designed any fool can find anything. (just
kidding. i gave up after a half hour -- searching for
"sources.list" gets you anything with "sources" or "list".)

for non-standard sources.list items, check out the unofficial
collection presented at

	http://www.internatif.org/bortzmeyer/debian/apt-sources/

(searching google for 'sources.list apt-get debian' brings this
one up right away.)

--
does a brain cell think?

will@serensoft.com