apt-get remove -- ODD dependencies

I hosed my exim briefly (actually it was via /etc/xinetd.conf, by
uncommenting the wrong line, but I digress) but I'm back up, now.
I gotta admit, not having 200 messages in one day, was almost a
relief.  :)

Anyhow -- in my desparation to force things back into working
order, I issued the command

	% apt-get remove exim
	Reading Package Lists... Done
	Building Dependency Tree... Done
	The following packages will be REMOVED:
	  at exim logrotate mailagent mailx mutt
	0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 6 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
	Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 5843kB will be freed.
	Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
	Abort.

to reiterate:

	% apt-get remove exim
	The following packages will be REMOVED:
	  at exim logrotate mailagent mailx mutt

huh?

I can understand exim using on logrotate, and that mutt or mailagent
would be useful for a system carrying exim functionality, but sheesh!
Surely it's possible to use MUTT on a non-exim system?  Should we
expect AT to be useless without EXIM? Holy mackerel!

--
does a brain cell think?

will@serensoft.com