Re: newbie-esque: how to cut & paste?

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 08:57:54PM -0800, Erik Steffl wrote:
> will trillich wrote:
> > i did gpmconfig about seven times, with no apparent affect, pro
> > or con. just to see if i missed something, i tried 'wacom' as the
> > mouse type, and left click still does left click, right click
> > still does right click, the pointer/cursor moves about and all
> > is exactly as it was.

<blush> i'm an idiot. don't mind me. i'll just sit in the corner
and blither for a bit... </blush>

did i mention i have two debian systems on the network? and that
i ssh from console on debian#2 to debian#1? and that i was
changing the settings on the remote debian system? and that no
mouse movement for eternity on debian #2 would ever be affected
by settings on debian #1?

heh. talk amongst yourselves, i'll be okay in a minute...

> > hell, after /etc/init.d/gpm stop, the pointer/cursor still
> > follows my mouse movement; left click still selects, right click
> > still extends the selection. aaugh!
> >
> > so maybe something aside from gpm is running mouse facilities?
> > how do i find out? ("lsof ---what?") what other likely
> > console-mouse suspects are there?
>
>   to see if gpm is running:
>
>   ps aux|grep gpm

sure enough, it is, on both debian systems. i'm feeling much
better, now that i'm paying attention to which system i'm
conversing with. yee hah!

--
does a brain cell think? (not mine, apparently.)

will@serensoft.com