Re: newbie-esque: how to cut & paste?

will trillich <will@serensoft.com> writes:

> okay, i'm at the console

Middle-click only works on a 3-button mouse in gpm... I don't think it
does chording.  You can tell it whether you have a 2 or 3 button
mouse... check the docs for details.  (I don't have gpm installed
right now.)  If you tell it you have a 2-button mouse, iirc the right
button will paste.

> and there's no way to transfer info from X to console, or console to
> X?)

Paste into a file and cat it in the other one?

Drink Canada Dry!  You might not succeed, but it *is* fun trying.