Re: cdrecord does not accept /dev output files?

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 02:48:01PM -0700, eric wrote:
> Alson van der Meulen wrote:
>
> > > I have a cdrw, I use cdrecord  dev=0,0,0  blank=all    some.iso
> > > put in a cdrw disk may with some data in it
> > > after it burn, I can not access it,
> > > wrong fs type when I click desktop's cdrom icon
> > try mount some.iso /mnt -o loop
> > this should mount the iso using loop device
>
> yes , this work when I tried raw instead iso, (is them the same thing?)
you tried raw instead of iso, where???
if it's just the filename, this doesn't matter

does it works with cd-r's?

if it does, there's a problem with the cdrw stuff, not all cdr stuff
is broken then :)

try 'cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 blank=all' (without any iso,bit more
verbose) first, if that gives any errors, try adding -force, like
'cdrecord -v -force dev=0,0,0 blank=all'

if blanking appears to work, try burning an iso without blanking, just
as normal cd-r: 'cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0'

check if the indicated speed is correct, cdrw's have some speed limit,
cdrecord should detect that, use the 'speed' option to change speed,
but it can't be higher then the max of the cdrw (unlinke cd-r's)

try just pasting the output from a cdrecord run here, including the
invocation

and test if there's anything on the cd with cdrecord  -toc dev=0,0,0

first blank, then toc should be empty, then write something to it,
then the toc should show something. this way you can check if the
blanking or the writing fails

Cheers,
Alson

--
> Name:           Alson van der Meulen      <
> Personal:       alson@linuxfreak.nl       <
> School:       alson@gymnasiumleiden.nl    <
I didn't think anybody would be doing any work at 2am, so I killed your job.