Re: pyton & perl

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 02:37:18PM -0500, Michael Soulier wrote:

>     In the long run, if you have a good group of coders, then languages that
> assume the coder is a moron (Python, Java, Eiffel...) do nothing but tie one's
> hands, IMHO. Hence the attraction of C, Perl, that let you do anything.

I don't think Python assumes the coder is a moron, nor does Eiffel,
nor do you judging from your fine pigs-fly-just-fine quote <wink>.
But I wonder what things you have in mind when you state that Python
tie's your hands compared to say Perl?

Perl's integration of regexs comes to mind.  Okee, but I like the
added readability.  What else?

--
groetjes, carel