Solved WAS: Re: 3dfx & openGL? what do I need? (kernel 2.4, X 4.x)

  thanks a lot to everybody who answered! it's kinda funny because I did
not realize that it actually works, it just didn't loos like it's
working because gl programs ran in window and didn't look different from
the ones that I ran on non-accelerated display. but when I tried
xscreensaver on the whole screen it became clear that it works (once I
got the required libs and started it on bpp 16).

  I am still puzzled by Xlib trying to connect to :0 even though the
program is running (succesfully) on display :3

	erik