Re: Logitech Mouseman+/Logitech Mouseman Wheel

> Just wondering if anyone has had success getting a Logitech Mouseman+ (aka
> Logitech Mouseman Wheel) working under XFree86 v4.0.2, wheel and all?

I have a MouseMan Wheel running here with 3.3.6. There's no reason why it shouldn't work with 4.0.2.

Your mouse section in the XF86Config should look like this:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Generic Mouse" Driver "mouse" Option "CorePointer" Option "Protocol" "MouseManPlusPS/2" Option "Device" "/dev/psaux" Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

I havent had time to try to make the side button work. You can read about it on
http://www-sop.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/
Please tell me how you did it when it works.
I used to use the side button as 'back' button in the browser in those ancient times when I used Windows. That was very convenient.