Re: Q: Any Linux on 2MB Ram?

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, jgift@wanadoo.fr wrote:
> William T Wilson wrote:
>>
>> You can make Linux boot in 2MB.  However, 1.2 was the last kernel that
>> would do so, IIRC.  See if you can scare up an ancient Slackware
>> distribution from 1994 or so :} This is really ancient history
>> Linux-wise; a fun project just to prove you can do it, but doubtful
>> you'll be able to do anything useful with it.

Come on - you can do it!  Try Tom's rtbt, a linux system on a disc - I've
only used it for crisis management, but you might be able to do something
with it.  Don't know how much space that and the minimal version of Vim
would take up.  Nano, on the other hand is a quite capable and tiny
editor - 73k executable!

Might be worth a try.

Glyn M

--