Re: Q: Any Linux on 2MB Ram?

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Jonathan Gift wrote:

> I don't think so. I have an old, very old, laptop floating around with
> 2MB ram on it. Anyone know of a Linux distro that will run on it?
> Maybe one of the embedded one's?

You can make Linux boot in 2MB.  However, 1.2 was the last kernel that
would do so, IIRC.  See if you can scare up an ancient Slackware
distribution from 1994 or so :} This is really ancient history Linux-wise;
a fun project just to prove you can do it, but doubtful you'll be able to
do anything useful with it.