Re: Sid vs unstable

Jim Richardson <warlock@eskimo.com> writes:
JR> I am in the process of converting from SuSE to debian, if I choose to
JR> use testing/woody, will the upgrade automatically follow woody as it
JR> moves into stable? That is, if I begin following woody with apt, will I
JR> continue to follow woody as it stabilizes?

It depends on what you call it in your /etc/apt/sources.list file.  If
you refer to it as 'woody', then it will follow woody between testing
and stable (likely with an intermediate frozen stage).  If you call it
'testing', you'll always follow the current testing distribution, even
if woody freezes and becomes stable.

	-- Abra Mitchell