Re: Sid vs unstable

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 08:07:51AM +0200, Moritz Schulte wrote:
> Stephen Boulet <spboulet@speakeasy.net> writes:
>
> > Can someone tell me (who's new to Debian) what the difference
> > between sid and unstable is?
>
> Debian distributions have a 'code-name':
>
>         (the current) stable -> Potato
>         (the current) testing -> Woody
>         (the current) unstable -> Sid
>
> Later, Woody will be the new stable and Sarge will be the new
> testing. Unstable will be always Sid.
>
> 	moritz

I am in the process of converting from SuSE to debian, if I choose to
use testing/woody, will the upgrade automatically follow woody as it
moves into stable? That is, if I begin following woody with apt, will I
continue to follow woody as it stabilizes?
 Sorry if this is an obvious one, I haven't actually installed debian
yet.

--
Jim Richardson
	Anarchist, pagan and proud of it