you should be fine.
From: "Daniel Toffetti" <dtoffe@cybertech.com.ar>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:24:53 -0300

>Hi All!
>
>        I added testing (woody) to my sources.list some days ago

and carried out an upgrade of my potato box. I got two main

problems (amongst others I may not noticed so far):

>- It broke my lilo, leaving me with a missing library

(/lib/ld-linux.so.2). I got the file mailed to me by another user,

boot using floppies, and managed to repair the boot.

>- My X system doesn't starts anymore. I tried configuring,

reinstalling, reconfiguring... no luck. It seems that xdm doesn't

find a running server and gives up.

>        I've read threads in www.debianhelp.org talking about

this, and found others with the same (or related, such as problems

with xfs, but after upgrading anyway) problem in #debian.

>        Is it common to have such serious problems when upgrading

to woody, or it was just bad luck ?
>        Is there any docs on troubleshooting the upgrade ?  I

really don't know what else to try with my X system, other than

downloading the full woody dist, building the CDs and reinstalling

from scratches...  :((