lm-sensors with kernel-package

Hi!

I apt-got lm-sensors-source and lm-sensors.

The sources are in /usr/src/modules

My current kernel-source is /usr/src/kernel-source-2.2.18pre21

I do not want to patch my kernel but use it as a module. I've read
that I may want to use kernel-package to install the modules.

I altered the Makefile and set the right path to the kernel-source:
/usr/src/kernel-source-2.2.18pre21

Now what shall I do?
Simply type
make-kpkg -revision=X.X. modules_image
and then
dpkg -i ../modules.X.X.deb

I have built my kernel with make-kpkg, which is a wonderful tool, but
is this the right way to install lm-sensors? Do I have to compile a
new kernel first?

What are the required steps?

TIA!
juh

--
Antifa-Stoiber will den braunen Sumpf trockenlegen
http://www.sudelbuch.de/2000/20000813.html