Audio CD DAO recording

Hi,

Due to hard disk limitations, I am not currently able to do TAO
recording. I have tried using 'cdrdao' for DAO recording with some
options enabled but so far only few of the audio CDs I have burned are
perfect: on most of them there are parasite noises. A friend told me
that buffer underruns would be occurring. I have tried to play with the
options but had no success so far.

What are failsafe options to perform DAO (time does not matter as long
as the result is perfect) ?

Here is the hardware I am using:

 Athlon 500 w/ 128 M Asus K7
 Ricoh MP 7040A (CD writer)
 Sony CDU 611 (CD reader)

I use modules 'ide-scsi' and 'sg' module of course.

Here is the script I use to perform DAO:

#!/bin/sh

# Generate 'table of contents' for DAO recording
cdrdao read-toc --datafile - --device 0,0,0 /tmp/cd.toc

# Pipe ripped songs over to cdrdao using the 'toc' generated above
cdda2wav -q -D 0,0,0 -t 1 -d 5000 -O cdr -C guess -E big - |    \
    cdrdao write --paranoia-mode 1 --driver generic-mmc:0x20000 \
          --device 0,1,0 --buffers 64 --speed 4 --eject /tmp/cd.toc

# Erase the 'toc' when recording is done
rm /tmp/cd.toc

The script was adpated from a script that somebody has posted on this
list (I have not kept track of who it was).

If someone has found a way to use 'cdparanoia' instead of 'cdda2wav',
let me know.

Any suggestions are welcome.

--
Sérgio Da Silva                              <s.dasilva@netcourrier.com>
No matter where I go, the place is always called "here".