Re: How do I make a debian boot cd

> How do I go about burning a cd that will serve the
> same function of a boot floppy. I guess the question I
> really want answered is what files need to be added to
> a cd to to allow me to use it as a boot cd.

You just have to make a floppy boot disk make an image of it using dd
place it at some place where you are going to build your iso filesystem
and tell mkisofs about it using the -b switch.. you have also to use -c.

But.. do you want a boot cd as if it were just a boot floppy or do you
want a live filesystem?

Regards

Roberto

Roberto Diaz <rdiazmartin@vivaldi.ddts.net>