Re: Hepl, please, I broke my sound :-(

On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 07:19:13PM -0500, Stan Brown wrote:
> On Sat Mar 24 18:07:15 2001 ktb wrote...
> >
> >On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 05:47:36PM -0500, Stan Brown wrote:
> >> broken my sound?
> >>

> >I have the same card and it uses -
> >es1371
> >ac97_codec
> >kent
> >

> 	Sorry that's over my head.
>
> 	How can I make certain that I have the corect modules installed. What's a
> 	simple way to test to see if it's working?
>
> 	I suspect that what I have done is broken Gnomes access to sound, but I am
> 	uncertain how to diagnose this,

Run the command -
$ /sbin/lsmod

This will tell you which modules you have loaded.  If you don't have
es1371 listed as a module then you probably don't have it compiled.
Check and see if the actually module "es1371.o" exists on your system.
If it does then you can put "es1371" into /etc/modules so it will be
loaded at boot time.  If you don't have this module then you will have
to recompile your kernel adding support for your card in the form of a
module or compiled into the kernel.
hth,
kent

--