samba printing

I've been having some problems with my printing since I installed debian.  Perhaps someone here can pinpoint my problem rather quickly.

I have a linux server with CUPS installed and it is able to print locally with no problem whatsoever.  When I configured samba to allow my windows (2k & me) machine to print to \\linserver\printer, it doesn't print.  It creates a job (lpq.000x) and spools data (win_box_name.x) to \tmp as it should, but nothing prints.

I do see that auth.log is giving me some seeming errors:

Mar 23 19:15:22 linuxbox PAM_unix[464]: authentication failure; (uid=0) -> root for samba service
Mar 23 19:15:31 linuxbox last message repeated 5 times
Mar 23 19:15:33 linuxbox PAM_unix[464]: authentication failure; (uid=0) -> smbuser for samba service

Now, I have a user named root on my windows me installation, so I assume that the root in the previous lines may be referring to that?...

Following is my smb.conf:
#-----------------------------------
[global]
  workgroup = WORKGOURP
  server string = (Samba %v)
interfaces=192.168.0.2/24 127.0.0.1/24
bind interfaces only = Yes
  #server string = Samba Server
  browseable = yes
# enable printing with cups
printing = cups
printcap name = lpstat
load printers = yes
  log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
  max log size = 100
read bmpx = No
time server = Yes
  lock directory = /var/lock/samba
  locking = no
  strict locking = no
  share modes = yes
  security = SHARE
  null passwords = yes
  socket options = TCP_NODELAY

  # Allows the Samba server to become a domain controller
  #os level = 33
  #domain master = yes
os level = 65
preferred master = Yes
dns proxy = No
wins support = Yes
guest account = smbuser
  hide dot files = No

  # Facilitates the long names recognition
  preserve case = no
  short preserve case = no
  character set = iso8859-1

[homes]
  comment = Home Directories
  preexec = /bin/sh -c 'echo /usr/bin/smbclient -M %m -I %I'&
browseable = yes
  readonfiltered= no
  writable = yes
  create mode = 0750
  public = yes

[public]
  comment = Public
  path = /home/public/
read only = No
create mask = 0664
directory mask = 0775
guest ok = Yes
  #create mode = 0775

[data]
comment = Data
path = /home/samba/data
read only = No
create mask = 0660
directory mask = 0770
guest ok = Yes

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   browseable = yes
   path = /tmp
# to allow user 'guest account' to print.
   guest ok = yes
   writable = no
   printable = yes
   create mode = 0700
# print command: see above for details.
   print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s # using client side printer drivers.
#   print command = lpr-cups -P %p %s # using cups own drivers (use generic PostScript on clients).
   lpq command = lpstat -o %p
   lprm command = cancel %p-%j

Somehow the jobs are getting to the server, but not printing.  Thanks so much for any help!!!