staroffice..

Well after a little bit lurking the web a see the only real chance to see
powerpoint files under linux is staroffice (yes I know I could use wmware
and the like but I want something as lighter as possible since I wont use
it too much).

I see at staroffice site a file which is called "player".. does this file
contains utilities to view m$oft formats? can I use it separately from the
rest of the suite?

Thank you!!

Regards

Roberto