Re: Problem reading Windows CDR

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 06:53:38PM -0800, Alexander Poquet wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> I have a rather large collection of MP3s that I burned onto CDs using my
> step-brother's burner, which is on a Windows box.  I burned it on using
> the DirectCD system.  Anyway, I compiled Joliet extension support into
> my kernel and can mount the CDs fine; I get a directory listing, and
> all seems to work okay.

NOTE: Unless directed to "Make CD readable by most other CD-ROMs" or
some such, DirectCD writes using "CDFS" and doesn't write some other
necessary info for ISO9660/Joliet conformance.  If I understand
correctly, this "CDFS" is UFS??  This may not be the problem, since I
wonder how Linux could mount the CD without the newer filesystem support
(maybe it looks close enough to iso9660 to fool the kernel?).  It's
worth investigating though...  I know for a fact, if you don't do this
with DirectCD, older Windows machines will not be able to read these
CD's (not to mention Mac's).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>