Re: Linux wannabe

Bill White wrote:
> > You've never used Windows ME have you?
>
> I once interviewed with someone who said that "If you don't reboot
> Windows 10 times a day you aren't working hard enough."  Of course,
> when I worked on Linux device drivers I had the same thoughts.

That's fair enough... I mean, device drivers are part of the kernel, so
when they crash (as one would when you're still debugging it) they'd
take the rest of the kernel with them.

> I think that Linux boots up faster than Windows, so it's maybe
> an advantage.

2.4 boots quite a bit quicker than 2.2 did, but I have a feeling that
Windows is quicker still. Of course, the golden rule of optimisation is
that you optimise the most common task...