Re: 1 linux box: 10 simultaneous telnet sessions

On Wednesday 21 March 2001 06:04, joe golden wrote:

> Is it feasible to have eight telnet sessions, one from each
> individual NT workstation, into the one linbox?

For any modern PC hardware, eight simultaneous telnet sessions is an
insignificant load.

> I think telnet is not the most elegant at timesharing with this type
> of load.  I'm not sure if it is designed for this (clunky)
> application.  Any tips on optimizing the setup for this scenario?

It's hard to imagine how they could load the box enough to notice
unless they all decided to run some cpu-intensive task, like compiling
a large software package, at the same time.  I'll bet you can't do
enough stuff in perl to load the box with only eight users.

Get a decent telnet client for the NT boxes.  Someone has already
mentioned TeraTerm.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr
All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.