Re: Problems with talkd

"Eric G. Miller" <egm2@jps.net> wrote on 21/03/2001 (08:38) :
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 05:35:12PM +0100, Preben Randhol wrote:

> > > In ~/.bashrc
> > >
> > > mesg y
> >
> > I have that, but still it says:
> >
> > [No connection yet]
> > [Your party is refusing messages]
> >
> > If I use the talkd and talk from the stable distribution it claims I'm
> > not logged on.
> >
> > I don't understand this.
>
> And /etc/inetd.conf says?

talk     dgram   udp  wait    nobody.tty /usr/sbin/in.talkd      in.talkd
ntalk    dgram   udp  wait    nobody.tty /usr/sbin/in.ntalkd     in.ntalkd
#ident   stream  tcp  wait    identd  /usr/sbin/identd identd
#finger  stream  tcp  nowait  nobody  /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/in.finger

--
Preben Randhol ---------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
+---+ "There was, I think, never any reason to  believe in any innate
| ! |  superiority of the male, except his superior muscle."
+---+      -- Bertrand Russell, Ideas That Have Harmed Mankind (1950)