Re: Problems with talkd

"Eric G. Miller" <egm2@jps.net> wrote on 19/03/2001 (17:10) :
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 03:44:44PM +0100, Preben Randhol wrote:
> > I cannot get talk to work _to_ my machine. When people try to talk it
> > says I refuse to talk to them. If I talk to them, then it works. Does
> > anybody have a solution for this? I use Debian Woody (testing)
> >
> > Thanks in advance
>
> In ~/.bashrc
>
> mesg y

I have that, but still it says:

[No connection yet]
[Your party is refusing messages]

If I use the talkd and talk from the stable distribution it claims I'm
not logged on.

I don't understand this.

--
Preben Randhol ---------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
+---+ "There was, I think, never any reason to  believe in any innate
| ! |  superiority of the male, except his superior muscle."
+---+      -- Bertrand Russell, Ideas That Have Harmed Mankind (1950)