Re: rage128 not enough for tux racer?

Hi,

     I had the same problem and wondered  WTF it could
be. After weeks of Doc reading I saw that 3D accell
games like 16 or 32 bit, BUT NOT 24 bit screens to run
correctly (which I had!). Changed to 16 bit and tux,
armagetron, Quake3, etc. ran fantastically on my
Matrox G400. It might be the same for you!

Give it a try!

--- Jimmy Richards <linuxrh@home.com> wrote:
> Hello Charles,
>

> Not too sure what might be wrong, but it certainly
> doesn't sound right.
> All I can think of is to check the
> /var/log/XFree86.0.log file and look
> for any errors in there. Lines that have an error in
> their start with
> (EE).
>

> Best of luck,
>
> Jimmy Richards
>

> On 20 Mar 2001 19:03:46 -0800, Charles Lewis wrote:
> > using tux racer as a benchmark (honest!) for my
> rage128 agp card. It looks
> > like I'm watching a slide show.
> >
> > I've enabled DRI support in the kernel.
> >
> > I just now enabled agpgart for VIA chipset (I have
> Abit KT7A m/b with KT133
> > chipset) and am waiting for a compile.
> >
> > I also made changes my XF86Config-4:
> > Driver "r128"  (was "ati")
> > Option "AGPMode" "2"  (added)
> >
> > Any other suggestions?
> >
> > --
> > Charles Lewis
> > lewisc@delta.swau.edu
> > 817-556-4720
> >

> > --
> listmaster@lists.debian.org
> >

> --

=====
Regards-   Tim Stetson  Whiskey Sour     Nuhn O. Yobiznez

		Licq # 14373626

   Why?.........Why not?..............Why not try?

          The rule of an inquisitive mind.