Re: The perfect X terminal emulator

Hi!

    After doing an update to latest testing nad
getting an update to xterm and xterm-color it seems
that this issue has been noticed and aleviated.
According to the debconf msg i received in the update
the xterm config config file locations have changed
and having BOTH sets of config confuse home and end
use. i opted to have old config's removed by debconf
and will restart all 5 of my eterms soon to see if it
has TRULY been addressed.

--- will trillich <will@serensoft.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 05:00:30PM -0800, Seth
> Arnold wrote:
> > [0]: As I re-read my original message, I see how
> hideously incomplete
> > my description of desired result/actual result
> was. I expect home and
> > end to work at the bash prompt -- in {x,a,E}term,
> home/end beep and
> > print a tilde ~ character. Numeric keypad I tested
> in vim's insert mode,
> > where I usually do the typing of numerals, but it
> would be nice if it
> > worked in all applications. Currently, wterm
> prints a bunch of
> > alphabetic characters, one per line, one per
> keypad press rather than
> > the actual desired numeral.
>
> some ideas --
>
> 1) man bind (as in bash-builtin commands)
> 2) info rluserman (as in readline user manual)
>
> i've still got some issues with this stuff, too --
> console acts
> one way, xterm acts another... but once you get your
> keybindings
> in ~/.inputrc set up properly, anything that uses
> readline should
> be consistent (with perl a glaring exception, of
> course)...
>
> --
> It is always hazardous to ask "Why?" in science, but
> it is often
> interesting to do so just the same.
> 		-- Isaac Asimov, 'The Genetic Code'
>
> will@serensoft.com
> http://newbieDoc.sourceforge.net/ -- we need your
> brain!
> http://www.dontUthink.com/ -- your brain needs us!
>

> --

=====
Regards-   Tim Stetson  Whiskey Sour     Nuhn O. Yobiznez

		Licq # 14373626

   Why?.........Why not?..............Why not try?

          The rule of an inquisitive mind.