Re: Really easy FTP question

Look in /etc/inetd.conf for a line like this:
ftp   stream  tcp nowait  root  /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbin/wu-ftpd -l
If it's commented, uncomment it then run
/etc/init.d/inetd restart
You should have an ftp server.
If that line wasn't commented, then your inetd isn't running. To enable it make
sure it it's in the /etc/rcX.d/ directory for your runlevel.
Determine your runlevel from
grep initdefault /etc/inittab   # (it's the number after the first colon).
then if there's not a symlink from /etc/rcX.d/S20inetd to ../init.d/inetd
make one.
Sorry if I explained things a little too much, I don't know your sysadmin level.
If I didn't explain at enough detail, just say which parts need more detail.

--Jason

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 09:22:45PM -0800, Matheson Cameron scribbled...