Re: BitchX 1.0c18

Frederik Vanrenterghem wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> does someone know whether or not this new version of BitchX (out for > 2
> months now) will be packaged sometime?
> A quick check on google didn't turn up any package, neither did I find a
> lot of .rpm's for this version. Is there a particular reason for this? Is
> BitchX considered dead or something?

as a everyday bitchx user i can say no its not dead :)  it is probably
not packaged because there is probably nothing groundbreaking in c18
compared to what's in debian(c16 i think). i use both c16 and c18
and notice no difference in functionality(ive been using bitchx
for about 4 years). so *I* don't see a reason to upgrade to c18.
(i only use c18 because it's on a solaris box and i had to compile
from source)

there was a security bug or 2 in c16 but that was fixed a long
time ago in debian(even though the version number wasn't affected).

newest is not always the greatest.

nate

--
:::