Re: pdf editor ?

>Actually, Acrobat DOES let one edit and manipulate (unlocked) pdf
>files. Not sure about changing fonts or replacing images, but a
>certain amount of tweaking....
>
>judith

lets be careful with words.. the program Acrobat "Exchange" does have a lot of feature creep. But its no substitute to letting you move the words around the page.. if editting is what you are after.

pdf though is really at the end of the day a display format, not an editting one. And its in being a display format that it excels.

Now if we could get a WYSIWYG Postscript editor for linux we'd really have something kickass (and would do what I think you are trying to do) Pdf is, when all is said and done, a postscript compression and display format. Also ps2pdf is pretty disapointing in comparison to acrobat distiller, mainly because of the font support and acrobat's freedom to use the encumbered LZW compression algorithm.