Re: pdf editor ?

> > Actually, Acrobat DOES let one edit and manipulate (unlocked)
> > pdf files. Not sure about changing fonts or replacing images,
> > but a certain amount of tweaking....

The way I understand PDF is that it's a "universal" viewing and printing
format, not an editable one. The viewer is free and available for many
different platforms.

If I have a MS Word document that I wanted to send you to *read*, I can
convert it to PDF and you'll see literally the exact document that I
created. Matter of fact, once printed, I'll bet no one can tell which is
the original and which is PDF. I do the same with AutoCAD drawings for
people who just want to view or print them.

Ultimately, if you want to edit anything, you need the original. I don't
think you can even create a PDF "from scratch" or from nothing. You have
to start with another file.

Regards
Hall