Re: xserver-xfree86 (4.0.2-7) freezing during install (SOLVED)

Not sure why, but got the bright idea to kill gpm and try again. Ta-da!
Apparently gpm conflicts with mdetect.

I ran dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 and like Jimmy was puzzled that
XF86Config-4 was not generated. Out of whim (because I tried it a few months
ago and it worked) I ran dexconf (another ta-da) and it generated an
XF86Config-4 with all the settings that I had specified when I ran
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86.

Ahhh...the pleasures of the constantly moving landscape of Linux. :)

--
Charles Lewis
lewisc@delta.swau.edu