From: D-Man [mailto:dsh8290@rit.edu]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2001 9:31 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: FW: D-Link DFE-530TX+ via-rhine.o module

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 01:26:31AM -0800, David Carlile wrote:
| Thanks for the quick reply.
|
| I tried modconf and selected rtl8193. I didn't include any parameters. I
got
| an error message: "Device or resource busy. Hint: this error can be caused
| by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or irq parameters."
|
| Any ideas?

I think that browsing /proc/pci can give some information, but I
haven't tried that yet.  Have you used the card in windows?  What does
it report as the IRQ and IO addresses?

| BTW, I checked the card and the link light is on, which kind of suprises
me
| because I didn't think I had a driver loaded... Is it possible a driver
was

I would expect the link light to be on if you have the card plugged
into the service (or cable modem) because a link exists.  If you
unplug the card from the network the link light will go off.  This is
hardware independent of the software drivers.  It is a convenient way
to get information about which part of the card isn't working.  My
card (LinkSys) has  link, 100, duplex, and tx lights to indicate if a
 link (network) exists, the network is 100 Mbps, the network is full
 duplex, the card is transfering data right not.

-D

---