Re: A fact & a problem

Hi!

I have more than one realtek card in my computer (Debian 2.2r2 potato).

While installing Debian, you have to load the realtek module for the
card. Later, I have compiled my own kernels (so far 2.2.17 and 2.2.18)
with the realtek driver compiled into it (monolithic). No problems
whatsoever.
As sources for that I took the original ones from ftp.kernel.org and
didn´t do it the debian way.

This is imho totally inependent of the distribution, since the realtek
code is in the unpatched kernel source.

Hope this helps, Norman.

vdemart@supereva.it schrieb:

> Yeah Sean,
> I know, but unfortunately in the 2.2.18pre21 potato kernel there's no support for Realtek NICs whilst there is even in the older versions in RedHat & Suse.
> Again, my question is: how can I overcome the snag and compile the source module rltk3189.c in the best way under potato?
> Vittorio

Norman Schmidt             Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg
cand.chem.                 Sysadmin Wohnheimnetzwerk RatNET
mailto:schmidt@naa.net