Re: A fact & a problem

Yeah Sean,
I know, but unfortunately in the 2.2.18pre21 potato kernel there's no support for Realtek NICs whilst there is even in the older versions in RedHat & Suse.
Again, my question is: how can I overcome the snag and compile the source module rltk3189.c in the best way under potato?
Vittorio

>This is a kernel issue, not a distribution issue. Recompile your kernel and  be
>sure to add support for your ethernet card.
>
>Sean
>
>On Monday 19 March 2001 07:48, vdemart@supereva.it wrote: > The fact
>> Is there anyone out there able to explain how come, installing Debian
>> potato on my desktop, Debian is unable to find my ethernet Realtek 8139 PCI >
>card while even Red Hat 6.0 was able to?
>>
>> The problem
>> I need to compile the module for the Realtek ethernet card which I
>> downloaded from a linux site (rltk8139.c). What is the correct procedure
>> under Debian?
>> Victor

messaggio inviato con Freemail by superEva
http://www.supereva.it