summary failure when rebuilding Debian Package

I finally figured out samba package for Potato didn't print because it's got CUPS support disabled at compile time.

from Changelog:
samba (2.0.7-3) frozen unstable; urgency=high
     * Commented out the section in source/configure.in that
     * auto-detects
     CUPS support and then ran autoconf to generate a new configure
     script. This was done to prevent machines that have
     libcupsys-dev
     installed from detecting CUPS support and adding an
     unwanted dependency on libcupsys. This way the whole
     printing system won't break on upgrades. CUPS support should be
     added after Potato is released.

So I downloaded samba's sources unpacked using dpkg-source, edited
configure.in and uncommented the line:

dnl Auto-detection of CUPS has been turned off in the Debian version of
dnl     Samba so machines that have libcupsys-dev installed do not
dnl     pick up an unwanted dependency on libcupsys1.
dnl # we need libcups for CUPS support...
AC_CHECK_LIB(cups,httpConnect) <-------- (dnl removed)

And did a dpkg-buildpackage that gives me the following error at
configure time:

checking if large file support can be enabled
no
checking configure summary
configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config
make: *** [build-stamp] Error 1

What did I do wrong?

--
Daniel de los Reyes