Re: summary failure when rebuilding Debian Package

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 03:37:50PM +0100, Daniel de los Reyes wrote:
> I finally figured out samba package for Potato didn't print because it's got CUPS support disabled at compile time.

> So I downloaded samba's sources unpacked using dpkg-source, edited
> configure.in and uncommented the line:

yep, needed to do that too. So I did:

$ fakeroot apt-get source -b samba

> checking if large file support can be enabled
> no
> checking configure summary
> configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

and got a similar error.  Redit it, now as root and no errors, applied
your uncommenting and it's compiling right now.

> What did I do wrong?

maybe you should be root?  configure scripts some times really get
confused if they aren't running as root.

--
groetjes, carel