Re: Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory conflict with video card / scsi adapter

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 09:11:14AM +0100, Franck Leclercq wrote:
> Hello,
> I have installed a debian 2.2r2 on my PC. All is running fine expected
> the X SVGA server that hangs the computer when i try to start it in a
> mode superior to VGA 16 colors.
> My video card is a 2Mo S3 ViRGE/DX who was running fine under the SVGA
> server in my old linux box. I finally found that there is a conflict
> with the SCSI adapter (adaptec 2940AU) that is now part of my PC.
> There is no IRQ problem, but a "Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at
> 0xfc000000 [0xfc000000]" problem: both cards use this same 0xfc000000
> adress.
> Is there a way to change these adresses setting? At the boot prompt?
> In the kernel compilation? ...?

Are you sure that's the problem?  I suspect it isn't.  Do you have any X
logs that indicate this is the problem?  An ~/.xsession-errors perhaps?

Note: Ctrl-Alt-Backspace should kill X if it is hung.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>