RE: Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory conflict with video card / scsi adapter

Yes:
I found the origin of the problem when booting an old ide disk with a
win98 system installed on it: win98 showed that there was a conflict
with the SCSI adapter driver: i could change the adress setting of the
SCSI adapter in a dialog box and after reboot (under win98), i had my
scsi card running perfectly.

ctrl-alt-backspace does not work, i need to power off/on the computer
to restart.

>Are you sure that's the problem?  I suspect it isn't.  Do you have
any X
>logs that indicate this is the problem?  An ~/.xsession-errors
perhaps?